Sunday 9 April 2017

Snapshot Sunday | 2nd - 8th April 2017

Hello again

Here's a breakdown of the week in pictures. I love taking photos so I just thought I'd share some of my favourites from the week. It's not very often that I miss a day!


Kicking off the week with Sunday 2nd April I had a near on perfect relaxing day in with the tv and my laptop. Dan and I have been enjoying little walks on Sundays over the winter but on saturday I felt really ill whilst out so while Dan was at work I settled myself down on the sofa to enjoy watching the opening rounds of the British Touring Car Championships and support races on tv (Dan made it home to watch the races too). I did some orange army spotting and saw our chum Ian!


On monday I had a planned Drs appointment and did a little bit of shopping whilst I was out and about. I was soooo happy that Kiko had some of the infinity refills in. They were in the sale too!
My sister is off uni at the moment so its been lovely to spend some quality time with her. I'm looking forward to a bit more sister time next week.

 On Tuesday I wrote about my long distance friendships. I liked having a topic to write about but not sure i'm going to make it a weekly thing - more a case of if and when a topic comes up that I feel I have something to contribute or share then I will write about it. I won't force anything just for the sake of typing.

I went to see Beauty and the Beast with my friend in the evening... I absolutely loved it! I could see past a couple of annoying bits but on the whole I was totally wowed! I want to own it already so I can watch it every day!



I was looking for my favourite pair of sunglasses on Wednesday. They have "been on a break" from me for some time now and I admit it, I'm not ready to let them go so I set out on a mission to find them! Whilst on my mission I realised that they probably abandoned me because they were an option and not a priority in my sunglasses wearing life! (Jokes). Anyway all jokes aside, eyesight is so so so important to me since having both optic nerves pierced to relieve pressure that had built up. It's a once in a lifetime operation for each eye so sun protection is vital. I rest my case for having so many pairs! And I am always lusting after new *completely unaffordable* pairs!
This was also a date night for us to celebrate our wedding anniversary and I wore false eyelashes for the first time in years! I was happy with my final look.
 Thursday - Happy Anniversary Dan! Four years which is apparently linen and flowers! It's not been the easiest four years of our lives but we have taken every hurdle together. It was such a lovely day. My mum and sister came and surprised us with a "you're not lifting a finger" invite for a meal of our choice with love from everyone at their house to ours. We decided to share it with them and had a Chinese takeaway as we had already celebrated our anniversary meal the night before. We were given table linen and flowers (an artificial bouquet constructed by my little nephew, sister and mum). Dan got bright blue lillies and a huge bunch of yellow roses and daffodils. Daffodils were featured in our wedding and that little touch made me so so happy!
 Our house smells AMAZING! I arranged the flowers in the morning and they are on our mantle. I wish I could bottle the feeling that I have when I see and smell these beautiful flowers! My boy did good! I'm so blessed!

 A groggy start to the day and mega sore eyes so minimal make up (and a moody face apparently). I got some housework done and then we went on an adventure to look for a purse friendly rain/sun shelter. While we were out Dan had to stop and admire the Ferrari 458 Italia in the carpark... the noise that came out of him wasn't human I'm sure. Dan has driven the 360 modena but I think would give body parts to drive the Italia! We saw so many convertibles out yesterday! *dreams*.


Today has been quite a slow one - a pretty lovely Sunday really. I've been catching up on loads of laundry and chilling with Dan after he got back from his bike ride.

What's coming up?
This next week I have got a few exciting things planned. - It feels so odd to say I have planned stuff because generally my life is quite last minute!

I am travelling to Cambridge to go and see my friend perform in the musical version of The Full Monty! I'm having a few days there because gone are the days where I can do it all in a day! (It's going to be lovely to have some quality time with my friend and her family too)!

My friend, Serena is bringing me back because next weekend we are going to Donington Park to see the BTCC. I'm soooo ready for that!

Then... Of course It's easter!!!!! So much to look forward to! I hope that this relatively good/manageable spell lasts and I get to fully enjoy everything ahead!

For more "what I'm up to" pics, you can follow me on instagram: littlegoldendaffodil.

Have a good week everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I saw on FB that S was going to L's show but didn't know you were coming down. Hope you have a good time. We have R's final LAC Review in the afternoon. Woohoo!

    The flowers are lovely and what a great surprise from your Mum and Sis. Glad you had a great anniversary.

    ReplyDelete